- Representation: The DSAI represents the interests of its member companies to policymakers, regulators, and other industry stakeholders in India.
- Code of Ethics: The DSAI has a Code of Ethics that member companies must agree to abide by. This code sets standards for fair and ethical business practices, such as truthful and non-misleading advertising, protection of consumer privacy, and prompt and fair resolution of consumer complaints.
- Self-Regulation: The DSAI is a self-regulatory organization (SRO) that promotes ethical and lawful business practices within the industry, as well as to protect the rights of consumers and direct sellers.
- Education and Training: The DSAI provides educational resources, training, and other opportunities for its members to help them comply with laws and regulations related to direct selling in India.
- Legal Advocacy: The DSAI provides legal resources and advocacy to support its member companies and the direct selling industry as a whole in India.
- Networking: The DSAI provides opportunities for members to network with other industry professionals and to stay informed of industry developments in India.
- Compliance: DSAI ensures that its member companies are compliant with all the laws and regulations related to direct selling in India.
- Consumer protection: DSAI has a consumer complaint resolution process in place and it ensures that consumer rights are protected.